Guest Report

4 apartments in Castara (listing)
Rwillerton

Guest Report

Post by Rwillerton »

Lillibets was a lovely place to stay. There are some things to be aware of - may not suit everyone.

Positives: fantastic view, lovely sea breezes, balcony for sitting out surrounded by trees looking out over the bay, eating mangos and drinking carib. Clean, good shower, comfy beds, mosquito nets, good size fridge freezer, bats, birds, short trip down to beach to snorkel, good snorkelling R side of bay out round the corner, stingrays.

Things to be aware of: not all appts have a/c. I don't like it so that suits me. Quite steep steps up from the beach, in humid weather can be a bit sapping. Basic kitchen, cooker didn't work in ours, you need to be adaptable. Living space in our appt smaller than photos on website, our son's futon took up most of the space. But the balcony is the place to be anyway and is spacious. The beach restaurant closed the week before we arrived (23rd May) due to lack of tourists. There's nil else in little bay and in hot weather you can feel too lazy to walk to big bay (in truth its 5 mins away).

In conclusion it depends what you want. Castara and Tobago in general is so beautiful, you've got to take it slow and the longer you are there the easier that is. If you are on a short holiday and want more luxury/everything in tip top order, maybe go elsewhere? I could've stayed at Lillibets for weeks.
TOhagan
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Guest Report

Post by TOhagan »

Hi.
Thanks for the great review. It sounds like you had a great time. Castara is not for everyone as it is so laid back.
I understand our apartments are bigger than most in the bay and are fully equip.
sorry to hear the cooker did not work the reason for that could have been the need for a new gas bottle. The house keeper or our partner could perhaps have resolved that point.
As you say it does depend on what you want in a holiday . Luxury is not our strong point but that does come at a price I'm afraid.
We do have guest who stay over a lengthy period who soon become used to the steps up from the bay using it an exercise session ?!
Thanks again for the lovely review.

Return to “Lillibets”