Guest Report

4 apartments in Castara (listing)
Mary Galliers

Guest Report

Post by Mary Galliers »

The best thing about Lillibets is undoubtedly the vast view over Castara Bay - it really is magical. The appartments are some of the highest in the village and so command the best views and the large balcony is perfect to enjoy them.

The appartment is a good size for two adults and is well equipped with a full size oven and fridge freezer. The bed is comfortable and there is a good size wardrobe and chest of drawers. The bamboo armchairs aren't that comfortable - I have a bad back and had to use the pillows as extra cushions! The appartment was clean with linen changed halfway through our week's stay (although the pillows were a bit old and could have done with an extra pillowcase on them).

The appartments are within a few paces of the beach at Little Bay and are therefore very near the Boathouse restaurant for drinks and snacks during the day. Guests of Lillibets can also use the pool at the Angel Appartments. However, this pool is very small with limited seating and did not seem to get much sun. It is ideal for children though as it is fairly shallow. Lillibets is very near Alibaba's accommodation and, as it is fairly new, you may stand a chance of getting into Lillibets if Alibabs is fully booked - in fact, Steph from Alibabas suggested we try Lillibets as they were full during the week we wanted.

The worst things about Lillibets were the cold shower (no hot water anywhere in the appartment) and the huge number of stairs - especially on arrival day when you are hot and tired and have to carry your luggage and shopping..... The other aspect which could be a downside is that the balconies are shared between the two appartments on each floor. Our neighbours were lovely but the lack of privacy may not be right for everyone. Finally, I should mention the noisy neighbours at a nearby property who insisted on playing reggae loudly throughout much of our stay. When they hit the off button, we enjoyed the sound of the waves crashing on the beach and the wildlife.

I can't end my review without mentioning Bruce, the local man who looks after the appartments and the guests. He arranged everything we needed - transport from the airport, hire car and transport to Sunday School at Buccoo. All this was done with charm and a really friendly attitude - in fact, the "Bruce factor" encouraged me to rate Lillibets as 4 rather than 3.

Return to “Lillibets”