Guest Report

4 apartments in Castara (listing)
Susan Greco

Guest Report

Post by Susan Greco »

My husband and I stayed at Lillibet's for 12 days in February. The location is perfect - up on a hill so we always had a breeze and the view was absolutely stunning.

The accommodations are perfect for two. The bedroom has a queen bed which was quite comfortable along with plenty of storage and a lockbox for your valuables. The sheets and towels were changed about every three or four days.

The living space included a futon, several chairs and a tv with satellite viewing (which made my husband happy that he could keep up on the election news from the US).

The kitchen was adequately equipped for 2 but any more than that would be without silverware, as there was only 2 of each. There was no coffeemaker which meant that by the time we returned to the states, I found that my morning cup of coffee gave me quite a buzz! In general, we cooked a good number of our meals without any problems.

We spent most of our time on the lovely balcony at the dining table overlooking the little bay - reading, eating our meals or just enjoying a drink or two. Just stunning! And it was so quiet that we fell asleep each night to the sound of waves (with the random dog bark to boot).

Bruce Taylor, the local representative, was absolutely fantastic. He helped us with our luggage and groceries upon arrival (which, until you see the stairs, you don't realize what a huge help that is!) and arranged for anything we asked for (like extra towels). We spent quite a few evenings enjoying interesting conversation with him while partaking of a rum or two.

The location is perfect if you don't mind that there is not much to in the small bar (of course, there isn't much to do in Castara period so you aren't missing out on much:-). The Boathouse is just at the bottom of the stairs but apparently no longer serves alcohol so if you want to have a drink, you must go to the other bay. That requires a climb up a steep hill and then a walk through town - we were lazy and used the car each time but the walk isn't that long.

As others have noted, be aware that the climb to the apartments is a long one - up several flights of stairs. It was fine for us and worth it since it meant that there was always a breeze and a fabulous view but it is something to be aware of if you are extremely out of shape, older or just not up for the challenge! By the end of our trip, we found the climb was considerably easier than the first time.

Prior to arrival, the owners answered each of our questions in a timely and adequate manner. All in all, a lovely place to stay!

Return to “Lillibets”