Guest Report

4 apartments in Castara (listing)
David

Guest Report

Post by David »

Lillibets was by far the the nicest place we stayed at during our trip to Tobago. In addition to Castara, we also stayed in Buccoo and Charlotteville at similarly priced accommodations. Knowing what I do now of the island, I would've changed our 8 day itinerary to only include two locations - a short stay by Pigeon Point and a longer one at Lillibets.

Our drive to Castara was a little bit scary, and that final driveway down to Little Bay is a sharp left and a steep slope. I'd recommend hiring someone local to bring you to Lillibets if you're not comfortable driving on winding, hilly roads. Parking is behind Angel Apartments, and from there it's a well maintained stair pathway to Lillibets. It's well worth the walk, as the view is gorgeous and the greenery outside the balconies are also home to local birds who like to stop to grab a bite on the bird feeders. (They seemed to really enjoy my jalapeno Pringles!)

Our group had both an upstairs and a downstairs apartment. Personally I chose the air conditioned downstairs apartment, but the breeze that Lillibets gets thanks to its location on the hillside kept it nice and cool even when it was off. Mosquitoes didn't seem to be as much of an issue for us up on the hill as it did for some friends we made in the village who were staying closer to the beach. Nevertheless, use the mosquito nets provided, and bring a few laundry clips to ensure good seals if you're as paranoid about bugs as I am.

Try to book dinner at The Boat House if you're in Castara on Wednesday. The set meal includes a main, dessert, unlimited rum punch, steel pans, drumming, and limbo! A fantastic deal and only down the steps from Lillibets.

Thank you Tom and Liz for sharing Castara with the rest of us!

Return to “Lillibets”