Guest Report

2 apartments in Charlotteville
Rie Møller Pedersen

Guest Report

Post by Rie Møller Pedersen »

My family and I rented the downstairs for a long stay - we were promised that the place were cleaned when we arrived - I must say the totally opposite – there was mole in the fridge – mole on the table – the mattresses were really dirty – and my self got some funny bites on the legs – not mosquitoes. The toilet were leaking and suddenly we also realized that when heavy rain came the roof were leaking too:O( . The place looked for us really run down – and there were nothing to clean with. Suddenly the fridge also broke down and then we called the owner in the States – who started up with that we should be grateful of that we could rent the place for lesser money than normal – We paid around 30.000 TT for the 6 months. For us 30.000 TT is a lot – especially when all this were broken in the house. Because we paid in advance we were a bit stock there – The owner wanted us to go to Scarborough for her and buy a new fridge for her - on that time I did not trust her – so we ended actually up with fixing her old fridge for 500 TT – The so called cleaning lady who are living in village – heard my complains and got really angry – some mornings she came to the house and start to burn plastic on a bonfire in the garden – while We were in the house with my big kid and my little baby – I had to run out with my kids because of the smoke! And what I could see it was because she was angry about that we did not hire her as a cleaning lady – wonder why……….

We love Tobago and love Charlotteville – and the locals – so people should visit this special village with so many histories. But just do NOT rent this place – spent your money on some on the other places who are much much cleaner and well maintained

Return to “Love Shack”