Guest Report

A two-bedroom cottage near Parlatuvier (listing)
Sonja Kornik

Guest Report

Post by Sonja Kornik »

My husband and I, our daughter and her two children spent 2 weeks at SILLYCOTTON. When we arrived the Flame trees were in full bloom and they were just magnificent. They were starting to drop their flowers when we left. The 3 acres of flowers and fruit trees were wonderful. We would wake up with the parrots leaving their roosting tree in the morning and have supper in the evening listening to them return as we watched the sunset over Parlatouvier Bay. We had all the bananas and Mangos we could eat picked fresh each day. There are so many kinds of exotic plants and flowers it was real feast for all the humming birds and other insects. The people who were looking after the property, Margaret and Benny Balfour and their son Rustem were very helpful and we feel honoured to have had the oportunity to know them. Our grandchildren really enjoyed the beach and swimming at Parlatouvier Bay.

The house is pretty basic but has everything a person needs. it was just as described to us and just as we expected. The only thing I missed was a microwave. Holger, the owner, very thoughtfully had a single bed put in one of the bedrooms for our 10 year old grandson.(so they now have sleeping for 5) He was very easy to comunicate with and we only wish we could have met him in person as he was very helpful.

We were there in "the rainy season" they tell us. Everything was wonderfully green and blooming and fruiting. We only had 2 days when we had rain during the day. It rained often .. but during the night. It gets pretty loud when it comes down in buckets on the tin roof .. but we really enjoyed hearing it. There is roof overhang all the way around the house over the porch/deck and this ment that you could always find a shady spot with a breeze to sit and read in. There is also a deck on the roof that we liked to use to watch the stars come out and watch the bats hunting.

All in all we had a wonderfull stay and would certainly consider Sillycotton if we make another trip to Tobago.

Return to “SillyCotton Valley”