A nice little hotel

18-room hotel conveniently located in Crown Point (listing)
Sue Wright

A nice little hotel

Post by Sue Wright »

Although we didn't actually stay in the Mermaid we popped in for a drink one evening as we were staying in the Toucan Inn which is practically next door.

The hotel was very quiet but clean, and the lady on the front desk (who also doubled as barman!) was friendly. The accommodation looked clean and spacious, and the layout of the rooms was nice. The rooms are situated with half of them on the ground floor and half on the first floor. They all have a small balcony with chairs/table and they all overlook a pretty little garden area, with the ones neares the main hotel building overlooking the pool area as well. There is plenty of parking outside at the front. They have a restaurant upstairs with a fairly extensive menu, although we didn't eat in there.

They don't seem to be very busy (but then nowhere on the island was busy this year), but have been going now for about two years, but it certainly looked like a reasonable place to stay - slightly out of the main Crown Point area but still well within walking distance of everything.
Rositsa Englund

Re: A nice little hotel

Post by Rositsa Englund »

=D>
I have just come back from a vaccation in Tobago. Me, my husband and my sun stayed at The mermaid hotel in Crown point. The hotel was clean,calm and nice and the staff were serviceminded and friendly.
The receptionist realized after checking out that we had payed 200 TT too much, and run to the airport , found us and repaid the money.

Return to “Sun Spree Hotel”