Guest Report

4-bedroom luxury villa at Arnos Vale (listing)
Kevin Durham

Guest Report

Post by Kevin Durham »

We were truly amazed by Villa Soleil and its staff. From the moment we walked in the door to standing on the lower pool deck hanging on to that last sunset I can honestly say it was by far the best vacation I have ever been on, and that sentiment was shared by our whole group. It really made getting back to work an almost impossible task. We had 5 couples in the house, with a group that large there were many areas the trip could have fallen apart. But with the layout of the house and the privacy it offers we never once stepped on each others toes. The other area that made it easy was the staff, they were a wealth of knowledge and help both prior to and once we arrived. Helen was very helpful getting us settled into the house and helping out with our "what to do" planning. Judith was absolutely amazing, the food spectacular and her company was a joy. Her laugh was infectious to us all there were many discussion on how we could fit her into our suitcase. I am pretty sure if we bottled her rum punch there is a viable business there. Mr. Joefield provided transportation for us, he is very professional and a welcome source of information about Tobago and its history.

It is a shame what has happened to the Arnos Vale hotel, it would be nice to see it returned to its original state. We did use the beach a couple times, it is still quite nice. We also took the owners recommendation, making our way to Grafton Beach and loved it, we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. While on the island we were able to partake in a number of outings, including fishing, the rain forest, Argyle Falls, Sunday School and a day on the Island Girl catamaran. I would recommend all of them.

But most importantly we were all able to just truly relax and unwind, the main reason for that was the villa. It is such a beautiful, inviting home and the sounds of the water just lull you into a better place.

Return to “Soleil”