Guest Report

4-bedroom luxury villa at Arnos Vale (listing)
Michelle Burrell

Guest Report

Post by Michelle Burrell »

After reviewing some of the reviews prior to visiting Soleil, I was extremely excited about my upcoming trip (May 2014). The arrival to Trinidad and Tobago airports was pretty scary. People were unfriendly and no type of organization or assistance offered to visitors. Moving on the taxi ride to the villa was frightening...the Tobago government should be ashamed for not having safe roads..the roads to the villa was absoultely unacceptable.

Upon my arrival I felt like I was in paradise. The lovely and more than efficient House Manager Judith, her assistant Sala were great. Both of these young ladies were caring, accomodating, fun, high energy, great spirit to be around. Their presentation of each meal was to die for. I never in my life felt so spoiled. If I could have packed them in my suitcase, and brought them home with me I would.

There was a slight hiccup...during our group day on a catamaran boat excursion, upon our return to Soleil there was no water. The water company was scheduled to come out and do repairs, unfortunately they did not show up. Our group found themselves gathering water from the pool just to be able to flush the toliets. This went on for 24hrs.

Fortunately, Ms. Judith and Sala made the best out of a horrible siutation. Judith made a phone call and our group were able to have access to a neighboring villa to shower and change. The next day, Judith and Sala returned with breakfast for the entire group. That was exceptionally fantastic actions on their part. Helen the property manager visted and made arrangements for the group to be moved to another villa closer inland. The accomodations were a bit of a downgrade from Soleil, but they were nice.

My overall experience I'd rate a 7...would be higher if not for the water issue. Again, I state the Tobago government should invest more into infrastructure. There needs to be a better way of getting to and from on those roads that lead up to high hills where many of the villas are.

I'd return to Soleil again only if I could be served by Judith and Sala. These women should be decorated with the hightest honor. Kind, professional, caring, humble and many more positive descriptions I could give of the both of them.

Return to “Soleil”