Guest Report

Small guest house in Plymouth (listing)
Aaron Welch

Guest Report

Post by Aaron Welch »

We stayed at King Solomon's Mine in hopes of finding a place a bit cheaper but within close proximity to good snorkeling beaches. This was our second trip to Tobago, but first time staying in Plymouth so we weren't exactly sure what to expect. Upon arrival, Leroy, the owner of King Solomon's Mine, was very kind and accomodating. The rooms were on the small side, but they were clean and comfortable. We were the only visitors staying there at the time so it was also quiet for the most part. On our second day there Leroy brought us around town to point out some of the local restaurants and grocery stores. That was the point at which we realized the disadvantages to staying at King Solomon's Mine: the location.
Plymouth has very little in the way of food, shopping, and banks (of which there are none). We quickly found out that we desperately needed a rental car and picked one up the next day. The turtle beach and hotel was only a short 10 minute walk away, however the closest decent snorkeling beach, Arnos Vale, was about a 10 minute drive away thus necessitating the rental car. Likewise, most of the restaurants, banks, and grocery stores were a good 30 minutes away by car in Crown Point.
Overall I would say King Solomon's Mine was a good place when you are on a budget, just be sure to factor in the rental car costs!

Return to “King Solomon's Mine”