Body board or Boogie board

What to see, what to do, where to go
Sonja
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Body board or Boogie board

Post by Sonja »

Is there anywhere in Tobago to buy a board that is not too expensive to just leave behind when we go back home? I looked at Sports and & Games and they seem to only carry high end boards over $200. Looking forward to our visit. We would bring our own, but are travelling during an embargo period and are not allowed to bring any sport equipment. Thanks
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Body board or Boogie board

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Sonja

We bought one a couple of years back for around TT$200 from a shop in the Gulf City Mall in Lowlands. I con't know the name of the shop, or even if it is still there. However, it was something like a toy shop, rather than a sports shop, and it was situated about 2-3 shops behind the Scotiabank branch, at the main entrance to the mall.

We had previously bought one relatively cheaply at one of the kiosk shops at the Grafton Hotel. However, the shops were closed last time we tried and given the fact that that hotel is also virtually closed, I doubt whether they will be open and/or stock things like that now.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Michelle
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by Michelle »

I am in Tobago at the moment and there is a new place open on the beach at the Black Rock end of Grafton beach that is selling beach towels, diving glasses etc so they would probably have one to buy or hire.

Michelle
WendyMay
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by WendyMay »

Hi! Sonja,
Just read your posting. Myself and family are visiting Tobago shortly from UK. I am interested in your comment about there being a embargo period on at the moment? Can you be more specific. Are you saying that things like boards are not being allowed into Tobago, or that you can not take from Canada?
We intend to bring our fishing gear.

Thanks WendyMay
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Wendy

Hopefully Sonja will confirm, but I'm sure she must be referring to either the airline she's using, or from Canada. No embargo exists at T&T or with flights from the UK.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Hi all,

It's definitely nothing to do with flights from the UK. It is referring to flights going into Port of Spain, mostly flights operated by Caribbean Airlines. I suppose she's flying with Caribbean Airlines from Toronto. Check out Caribbean Airlines web site ....

Rob
WendyMay
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by WendyMay »

That's good news. Thanks guys.
Wendy
Murray
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by Murray »

As with most things in Tobago, you can never guarantee that there will be in stock but Foot Locker / Francis Fashions in the mall often has boogie boards at around 100 TT. There's also a beach shop in the new Shirvan Plaza (on Shirvan Road) which might sell these kind of things, but I'm not sure.
Sonja
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by Sonja »

Thank you for all your replies, sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner. As for the embargo period, it is just due to Caribbean Airlines during certain periods of travel from Canada, Steve was correct. Guess I should ask now, how safe is Parlatuvier, we will be staying there and it appears to be very near to Englishman's Bay which does not seem very safe?
Gill O
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Gill O »

We stayed in Parlatuvier for a week a couple of years ago, and really loved it. Didn't ever feel ill at ease,and everybody was very friendly. As always just use common sense regarding cash/ valuables, same as you would anywhere.
Gill

Return to “Sightseeing, Tours, Sport & Activities”