Sailing in Tobago

What to see, what to do, where to go
Roger

Sailing in Tobago

Post by Roger »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 15 February 2003

We'd be keen to hire a yacht whilst on Tobago Easter 2004. Is this possible and what do they require with regards qualifications and experience?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Sailing in Tobago

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Roger

I doubt whether there's anything that you can hire to captain yourself. I'm not sure, but have written to someone who will know, so keep your eye on the forum and I will post his reply a.s.a.p.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Ian S.

Sailing in Tobago

Post by Ian S. »

Hi Roger, You could check out http://www.ttsailing.org. You may have to charter in Trinidad instead of Tobago.

Regards - Ian
Steve Wooler

Sailing in Tobago

Post by Steve Wooler »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 17 February 2003

Hi again, Roger. I contacted Steve Willis of Kalina re your question. Nobody knows the seas around Tobago better than Steve. He's been away, but just replied as follows:
Your thoughts are correct , there is no one that does bareboat charters in Tobago. The insurance costs are prohibitive. But there is a "Moorings" located in Grenada about 65 miles away. Every year for the Angostura/Yachting World Regatta, they send a large contigent over to Tobago.
Of course you can do private charters and daytrips with people like Steve Willis and Kalina and I'm sure they will let you go 'hands on'. Hope this helps.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Roger Holden

Sailing in Tobago

Post by Roger Holden »

Many thanks for your reply. We'd be happy for a skippered charerter if there were no alternatives. Thanks for your help.

Roger
Tanja Mohammed

Sailing in Tobago

Post by Tanja Mohammed »

Dear Roger, it is possible to hire a yacht in Tobago, however with a skipper. The one we have in mind can sleep up to 4 persons and prices are around USD 250 per day depending on what you would like to do. Please contact us directly for any further information [email protected] and we'll be pleased to assist. Best regards
Kelly

Sailing in Tobago

Post by Kelly »

Post Recreated: Originally posted - 19 February 2003

Ckeck out http://www.outdoor-tobago.com ask for Franco

Return to “Sightseeing, Tours, Sport & Activities”