first time visiter, public transport

What to see, what to do, where to go
Hilary Goldberg

first time visiter, public transport

Post by Hilary Goldberg »

first timer starting trip this coming saturday and staying in bon accord area in south of island. how much can i see of the island via public transport? i will probably hire a bike at some point and take a few tours etc. any suggestions
ta
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Seeing Tobago via public transportation

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Hilary, the first thing you should do is to read the "Getting Around" section of the myTobago site. Go here http://mytobago.info/publictransport.php . This will give you some good background. Coincidentally, I will be in Tobago on Sunday, also in the Bon Accord area, so if you send me a private email (check my profile) we can arrange to chat on Sunday and I will be happy to answer any detailed questions you might have.
Hilary Goldberg

public transport

Post by Hilary Goldberg »

thanks for the information and offer of help, im staying at a guest house and i,m sure the owner will help me with any enquiries etc. thanks anyway.
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Public Transportation

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

No problem, Hilary. If you change your mind just send me an email and I'll send you my cellphone number if you still want to chat on Sunday.

Regarding your question on getting to Roxborough from Scarborough or Plymouth, if you want to go by bus, the Tobago House of Assembly has the following information posted:

Public Transportation
"The Public Transport Service Corporation (PTSC) runs a regular daily service throughout the island, with the bus terminal at Sangster's Hill, Scarborough as its hub. A schedule of departure times for the various destinations is available at this central area. A special service runs from the Crown Point International Airport every half hour on weekdays and hourly on weekends, from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets are on sale at the terminal in Scarborough and at various other retail locations around the island."

If you want to go to Roxborough from Plymouth, you will need to go to Scarborough first. Think of Scarborough as the central public transportation hub for the island.

Return to “Sightseeing, Tours, Sport & Activities”