A walk on the wild side with Gaston Jackson

What to see, what to do, where to go
Carol Townsend
Queen of Waffle
Queen of Waffle

A walk on the wild side with Gaston Jackson

Post by Carol Townsend »

The Rainforest.Wonderful, wonderful wonderful!
If you love nature(that's wildlife to you Bill) the rainforest is a must.The peace, the sound of the cicadas, the utter beauty of the place. The birds, frogs, crabs,insects.Disappointed not to see a snake or tarantula(honestly!) It's like stepping back in time,like being in Jurassic Park my family said. Every turn there is something different.
We got to know Cheston,or Cheno, Williams of Cheno's Paradise Tours who organised for us to go with Gaston Jackson.He was introduced as Jackson, a popular name I understand.
We were the only group, which was nice, and Jackson greeted us with "English?".I checked to see if there was a sign above our heads saying ENGLISH but according to Jackson, the Americans like the water and the English like the forest. Are you a water baby Bill?
Jackson was a most enthusiastic and knowledgable guide,very proud of his badge which he was given following personal recommendation. He was also charming with a warm sense of humour.He was concerned about me,the least fit member of the family,with swollen, blistered feet from the sandflies.he found me a stick just the right size to use as a walking stick.
There were no boots available at that time,but we managed with trainers,and in my case, sandals with the heels trodden down, as I could get nothing else on. We just had to scrape the mud off afterwards.
We met up with him again by chance on a trip to Little Tobago,and again were impressed by his knowledge and enthusiasm.
I would thoroughly recommend the forest,with Jackson as the guide. His details are in the Tour Guide section.
Cheers
Carol :D
Bill B
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Bill B »

Carol,

How did you guess?

We went on a rainforest tour with AliBaba and thoroughly enjoyed it but the parts of our vacation in Tobago I liked best were the sailing trip on Island Girl and all the snorkeling.

We have a summer home on a lake a couple of hours from home and spend every weekend there from April thru November. Have a pontoon boat and a jet-ski and spend a lot of time boating and water-skiing.

Just got the pontoon this year, prior to that we had a speedboat, but with our friends and us getting older we decided to get something a little more comfortable. My old boat was named "Faster Grampa" because that's what our grandkids were constantly yelling at me when we went out. Haven't named the new one yet but thinking along the lines of "Boat's Slower but Grampa's Not"

Bill

Wow, I have lot of nerve making comments about threads changing subject and going off the deep-end, don't I :roll:
Can't wait to be "limin"

Tobago 2007 Pictures at
http://billbrunner.myphotoalbum.com/
Carol Townsend
Queen of Waffle
Queen of Waffle

Post by Carol Townsend »

Good for you Bill!
Now come on everyone, lets think of a name for Bill's new boat!
How about "Supergramp", or in view of his comments about the esteemed President ," Faster than Dubya". I'm sure you erudite folk can come up with something. :D
Cheers
Carol
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

just to avoid confusions, Gaston Jackson is our main guide and we are as happy as possible to work with him! He is a great humerous and extremly knowledgeable person!
I think Bill had the honour of going with the man Ali himself :wink: oh yes, not to forget chef-fotographer david w. :lol:

steph
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Bill,how about 'The Pirogue'as the name for your boat?It will keep memories of Tobago alive and think of the b***s*** stories you can invent for the grandkids!!!!!
David(love to the Mrs) :roll:
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

waht about calling the boat Castara? I still find it nice when boats have female names. and thanks to david & co you even almost know what it could be meaning... :lol:

steph
Bill B
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Bill B »

Hey Guys,

Here's an offer for all of you. Everybody who suggests a name (whether I choose it or not) will be entitled to a ride on my pontoon boat if you're ever in the Chicago area in the summertime. Wow, is that a great deal :?:

Steph,

You are correct, Mary Lou and I went on the tour with the man Ali himself and the esteemed David Watkins. One of the best parts of the tour was that in addition to seeing the rain forest we also visited most of the spots along the road where one could purchase liquid refreshments. Ah, nothing like a cold Carib for breakfast :lol:

Bill
Can't wait to be "limin"

Tobago 2007 Pictures at
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

call the boat "carib"! do I get to rides now? :wink:
sunny greetings from the beach
steph
Bill B
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Bill B »

Steph,

You sure do. When are you planning your trip to Chicago?

Bill
Can't wait to be "limin"

Tobago 2007 Pictures at
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

give me time to talk to the big man about it :lol:
GillMathews
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by GillMathews »

Bill. A couple of suggestions with your signature in mind.
"Just Limin" or "Limin With Grampa" ?

Gill :lol:
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Gill m,I do like "Limin with Granpa"---says it all!
David(in the air in 12 weeks =D> )

Return to “Sightseeing, Tours, Sport & Activities”