Guest Report

3-bedroom condominium on Grafton beach (listing)
A.James

Guest Report

Post by A.James »

I stayed here for a weekend to celebrate my birthday and we had a fabulous time. In fact before we left we were trying to decide when we should return.
However, in the interests of being a balanced reviewer I will list the pros and cons of the place.

Pros:
Mahi Mahi is exactly as advertised, what you see on the website is exactly what you get. It's on the beach, the rooms are immaculate, the pool is a little small but because of the way it's designed you don't mind once you're in it. It really is perfection, if you're looking for a quiet relaxing, vacation. The WI-FI was a big bonus for us as well. Everything we used in the kitchen worked so even though we didn't cook it was great to have the option.

Seahorse Inn and Restaurant is literally 2 mins walk from the property, because it was low season they only served dinner, but the food we had was great.

Buccaneers Beach bar was a nice enough spot to have lunch but the menu was rather limited. It's almost opposite Seahorse Inn though so it's a really convenient stop.

Cons:
The beds in the second and third bedroom are a little narrow However, the beds were extremely comfortable so it wasn't much of a negative.

We chose Mahi Mahi because we thought we wouldn't need a car due to the proximity to the beach and restaurants, but in truth we probably would have had a better time with one. In general I recommend renting a car in Tobago otherwise your options are really limited. Unless of course you're doing guided tours etc.

There was some bad weather off Trinidad which made the beach rather choppy. Although it was still swimmable, as we aren't strong swimmers we chose to stay in the pool and just walk on the beach occasionally. However I suppose this is a risk if you're travelling in hurricane season, no matter where you stay. And even with the swells the view from the balcony was still amazing.

All in all we had a great time and I'd recommend this place to anyone interested in a nice quiet relaxing vacation, with all the amenities of home.

Return to “Mahi Mahi Suite”