Guest Report

2 or 3-bedroom apartment in Black Rock village (listing)
David Elmdahl

Guest Report

Post by David Elmdahl »

We stayed at the Courland Bay Apartment in March of 2014 for a week. We had a lovely stay overall in Tobago for five weeks with great hospitality from the locals but the manager at Courland bay was something beyond the average. He did that little extra to make sure that we were more than happy. The guesthouse is managed by a man called Prince and his mother Princess which also lives on the top floor of the building. So basically, we ended up renting the basement of their private house. It was far from the most modern place that we stayed in but I can honestly say that is was the cleanest. My wife and I traveled with our 10 month old baby that crawled around on all the floors so clean floors was important for us. In addition the place was very large and all the bedrooms had A/C. It is very noticeable that the apartment is well planned in terms of what you need in a guesthouse and the kitchen was without a doubt the best equipped of all 6 places we stayed. Here we drank freshly brewed coffee, filters included  However, be careful with your food. Ants can invade quickly.
Location wise, it is very close (45 sec) to a Courland Bay beach where the Birdies Nest guesthouse is located. It is also very close to another beach called Stonehaven which we liked better. It took us about 7 min to walk to Stonehaven, carrying a baby. Otherwise, if you are staying in Black Rock I would recommend renting a car (Prince also rents cars and has great prices) due to the fact that there are not so many restaurants and other excursions close by. In addition a Pennysavers is quite close by, but not walking distance, so with a car you can get your own supplies. If you decide to rent a car, Courland Bay is a very good place to stay and to have as a basecamp to reach different places on the island.
To sum up. Courland Bay Apt. is a very nice place to stay if you want a place that is clean, large, and well equipped. However, the reason that I would recommend it to my friends is the owners!

Return to “Courland Bay Apartment”