Guest Report

1 and 2 bedroom apartments in Castara village (listing)
Paul Hopkins

Guest Report

Post by Paul Hopkins »

My wife and I spent 3 weeks in 2016 at Carpe Diem in Castara Village. The accommodation was exactly as it was advertised and having spent 3 weeks in Castara a number of years ago, we had a pretty good idea of what to expect. It was very clean and functional, the larger size fridge/freezer was a bonus to keep plenty of fresh food and beverages chilled. The deck offers a great view over the village and the bay, the queen bed was extremely comfortable, changes of linens were frequent and regular. The hosts Yvonne and Chris were extremely approachable, friendly and helpful yet very respectful of our wish for privacy. It is a bit of a walk up from the village/beaches for a couple of 60 somethings but even my wife with artificial knee joints and me weighing in at 290lb had no problem doing it a few times a day. The bird/bat watching and feeding was quite entertaining as well as the local geckos/iguanas and the shy little agouti that popped out every once in a while. Yes, there is noise from the working village, roosters, chackalakas, vehicles and music but nothing that an 89 cent pair of foam ear plugs won't cure! All in all, a great venue if you want to experience living on the forest fringe surrounded by a garden like environment with an awesome view as opposed to down below on the beach, we'd recommend it to anyone.

Return to “Carpe Diem”