Guest Report

1 and 3-bedroom apartment at Parlatuvier (listing)
Cory Hughes

Guest Report

Post by Cory Hughes »

My wife and I stayed at the Tamarind House in March '08 and it was amazing! The location of the house is the best. It was nice and quiet with close access to little stores and restaurants in the bay. We felt safe and comfortable during our stay. The whole place is wisely designed and feels cozy. The property was very clean, and the landscaping is exactly what you see in the pictures, beautiful! Views from this hilltop villa are great, because you’re basically staying at one of the highest points in Partlatuvier Bay. Watching the sunset every evening from the second story wooden deck is a must!
The small downstairs apartment is well equipped with everything you need (although the fridge could be bigger), and the air conditioner (with remote) in the bedroom works extremely well! We found ourselves using the grill and pool area everyday, it was nice to be able to cook outside and soak-in the scenery. Also there’s a wonderful 5-10min hike to a beautiful waterfall starting from just across the edge of the driveway of the Tamarind House. The owner’s of the Tamarind House are very friendly and respond quickly to inquiries. The customer service provided by the property managers was excellent! They just couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful whenever we needed them. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone I know.
The best party in the area is on Wednesday night in the nearby town of Castara (15-20 min drive from Tamarind House) at the Boat House Restaurant for the best Steel Drum players you’ve ever heard and the tastiest all-you-can-drink Rum Punch in the Caribbean. And the food is really good too. The best snorkeling is even closer at Englishman’s Bay, go all the way out to the tips of the bay on both sides. The hot roti & chicken curry at Eula’s Restaurant on Englishman’s Bay is yummy! (watch out for the hungry kitty cat) Drive to Blue Waters Inn, Speyside and check out the Frank’s Glass Bottom Boat tour to Little Tobago and hike to through the bird sanctuary (snorkeling included) for only $17 US. Enjoy your stay at Tamarind House! I know we did!

Return to “Tamarind House”