Guest Report

3 One and Two-bedroom apartment in Castara (listing)
Pamela Keeley

Guest Report

Post by Pamela Keeley »

We have recently returned from a wonderful 4 week stay in Castara at Kurt and Ivy Eastman's Baywatch 2 bed apartment. To save me repeating all she wrote about the Island in January 2014. Please read Collette De Lottinville's, comprehensive report. It was this that inspired me to go back to Tobago and stay at Baywatch. I got to meet Collette as she arrived to stay a week before we left for home and kindly took me under her wing for the long but easy climb up to see the waterfall. Good memories. Nothing has changed since she wrote except that there are now 2 new apartments at Baywatch. We had the upstairs one with the balcony. In our 70's and recovering from either a double knee or hip replacement surgery the apartment was just right for us. The balcony faced north west; out of the sun most of the day, with all the main doors open it was perfectly orientated to take advantage of the cooler Caribbean sea breezes. We had Ivy's rental car; without it we would not have been able to see the lovely hidden bays, villages and the large rain forest reserve to the north of Castara. We did eat out a couple of times but preferred to cater for ourselves late in the evening. There are 4 largish supermarkets and a meat farm between Scarborough and Crown Point, there you will find all your favourite foods and plenty of local treats. Prices, about same as UK. Wherever you are on the island you will find good fresh fruit and veg and coffee shops. Petrol is very cheap, Driving is easy. When you first arrive do not be put off; the worst you will meet is one of their beautiful cows resting on the side of the road. Everyone except the bus drivers tend to drive fairly slowly on the steep winding roads up in the hills; the almost empty roads are kept in good repair, better than those we are used to in Norfolk. Our host's were exceptionally kind and accommodating, the local people charming and helpful and Castara was everything we could have asked for. Needless to say we have booked to come back for a month next January.

Return to “Baywatch Apartments”