Guest Report

3-bedroom villa on Mount Irvine (listing)
RR

Guest Report

Post by RR »

We've visited Tobago numerous times and have stayed at some lovely villas, but Mahogany is our favourite so far. It manages to combine all the attributes of a luxury villa with a genuine home-from-home atmosphere.
We were a party of 5 people (2 parents and 3 youngsters aged between 17 and 20) and everyone found that there was plenty of space whatever they wanted to do. The three en-suite bedrooms are all a good size, with the master bedroom being particularly spacious. I believe the master bedroom can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children (sofa-bed) if required and I'm sure it could do so without any problem at all.
We particularly loved the great outdoor living space. I estimated the verandah at a whopping 80sq yards and we spent much of our time there. During the day, it offered welcome shade until the sun started to creep under the roof-line at around 4.30pm - even then, some areas still provided an escape from direct sunlight. We had all our family meals around the outdoor table under a cooling fan.
The kitchen was well-appointed and we self-catered without finding ourselves lacking in any utensils or equipment. The cooker and fridge both seemed pretty new.
The air conditioning also appeared to be relatively new and was incredibly efficient. We generally used it to cool bedrooms down for 15 minutes or so and then relied on ceiling fans throughout the night.
The wi-fi access was excellent and we had no problems even when there were 5 people online.
As keen golfers, we appreciated direct access to the Mount Irvine course via a gate in the garden. The shortest walk to the beach is also via the golf course - both Grange and Mount Irvine beaches could be reached on foot in around 15 minutes.
I'd initially had reservations about there being a communal pool (even though it is shared by just 5 villas), having always had a private one on past trips. I have to say that they were completely unfounded. It was much larger (20m x 8m) than any private pool I've known and was perfect for proper exercise as well as recreational use. On 11 of the 14 days we had it to ourselves and when we did share it with other guests, it was pleasant to strike up conversations. For those who prefer to have more privacy for dips in the pool, the villa had it its own jacuzzi/plunge pool which, at 4m x 3m is larger than usual.
The gardens are beautifully maintained yet still have an unspoilt tropical atmosphere and attract a wide variety of birds.
We were met on arrival by Carol (property manager) who ensured that everything was to our satisfaction, as did the housekeeper, Jermaine, throughout our stay. During our visit the gardener/caretaker/night-watchman, Wayne, was around whenever we needed any advice or help.

Return to “Mahogany Villa”