Guest Report

3 studio apartments in Castara (listing)
Rebecca Townsend

Guest Report

Post by Rebecca Townsend »

The apartment:
I really enjoyed my stay - the accommodation was very comfortable and clean, with great views. Everyone was very friendly and Joshua, the owner, was very helpful and patient.

I felt very safe due to the location of the apartment (above Joshua's property and other houses lived in by his family) and the friendly atmosphere in the village.

Cheno's, the restaurant down the hill, was also tasty and welcoming (large tables meant I could join another group of guests).

The view from the balcony was great and it was super fun to watch all the exotic birds (watch me).

Castara:

The beach at Big Bay was great (apart from the sandflies) for sunbathing (there was also shade!), snorkelling and swimming. I saw lots of tropical fish when I snorkelled in Little Bay, in spite of the weather meaning the conditions weren't ideal.

I loved the fresh fish market and the laid-back atmosphere in the village overall. It was fun to watch the fish being brought in (using a seine net) and also the preparation and selling at the fish market. Unfortunately, I missed out on the fresh bread due to the order system but I got some coconut drops (?) instead which were very fresh and delicious.

The wildlife which is just around every corner is also fun: bananquits (?) and blue/grey tanangers (?) having breakfast on my balcony, fireflies at night, flying fish and stingrays in the water.

Tobago:
I went on a couple of trips (a boat trip which included snorkelling and a barbeque at No Man's Land; a forest walk in Tobago Forest Reserve) which were pricey but also gave me another view of the island.

Fresh coconut water and other fresh fruits are a highlight.

Having travelled widely in South/Central America, I was so pleased to visit somewhere which had interesting things to see/people to meet but where I felt safe and the hassle factor was close to zero.

Overall:

I was pleasantly surprised by how warm and friendly (but not intrusive) the people, both tourists and locals alike, were. I have been raving about my trip since I came back and would not hesitate to recommend it, and Castara Bliss, to anyone (especially anyone travelling on their own).

A special mention goes to Ann from Castara Cottages who organised the booking of Castara Bliss and my airport pick up (I recommend Ferris!) and overall gave me tips regarding my visit.

I only regret is that I live so far away as I would love to be able to visit more often.

Return to “Castara Bliss Apartments”