Guest Report

4 studio apartments next to Parlatuvier beach (listing)
Mark and Christelle

Guest Report

Post by Mark and Christelle »

We rented both top apartments and would agree with most of the positive views for Sea shell, it really is a lovely place to stay but we had some gripes over our three weeks stay..
I had to pay through Western union bank, there exchange rate and charges do bump up the bill somewhat.
There is not a cash machine anywhere near, After a very draining and dangerous drive to Scarborough you will find banks and a basic supermarket.
It's not clean or well maintained, the mattresses and pillows smell bad and have not been replaced for a very long time.
We found the biggest problem is there are only hard dining and outdoor chairs to sit on and for three weeks it is not comftable at all, would have made a wonderful difference to snug up on a clean sofa the nights we stayed in.
If you like a lay in forget it, the cocks start at 04.00am and don't stop all day. But this is the case for most of Tobagos villages.
We also found the caretaker who stays below a little intimidating and received some no harm ment gestures towards my wife which we found offensive.
Mr Wallace is a very trustworthy good natured man who personally collected us from the airport and also allowed me to book the apartment without payment until our arrival.
The lady who comes to change the sheets and towels regularly is really nice and the neighbours are too, Joanne's cooking smells gorgeous unfortunately due to strick diets we were unable to eat there.
All in all you could do a lot worse for your money in Tobago.

Return to “Sea Shell”