Guest Report

22 room boutique hotel at Bacolet (listing)
Robert Britt

Guest Report

Post by Robert Britt »

Positives- great location and site, lovely pool area, secluded beach and bar.
Restaurant serves lovely food and great choice of cocktails. Non local staff give exceptional service adding to holiday experience, other not so!
Negatives- Wifi, exceptional poor, constantly dropping off and constantly having to re-connect, I stood 8 ft from router and still only got broken up Face Time connection (if you can call constantly freezing a connection)

Hotel building new annexe, so constant noise, Chinese workmen start hammering, angle grinding, etc, from 07.00 am, this is happening right next to hotel and feet away from you as you have breakfast (after getting up early because of the noise) I complained before we left and was told I should have complained earlier! I accept responsibility for not complains earlier and no getting a solution. But the hotel, if ethical, honest and professional hotel should advise potential holiday bookers on web site or booking sites of construction and noise and give people the choice before they book not after they have arrived! Also two dogs across from the hotel, start barking constantly from 3-4 am and carry on all day and into the nite.

There was only one choice of cereal, limited 2/3 of the same fruit every day.

Conclusion- great located hotel, which shows photograph's of room in a way that make them look a lot bigger than they are, hotel looks better in the photo's taken years ago, looks better at nite as in the cold day looks grubby, restaurant looks grubby and cleaned where it shows, better at nite and you cannot see the bits that are not so clean.

Some of the public areas have nails showing on foot planking, also planks lifting(trip hazard) and splintering( hazard)

This hotel, should be absolutely amazing, but is really living off its past glory and it's location, pool and beach, Needs money spent to bring it back up to tip top. As a tip ring to see if the construction has finished! But I think this will be ongoing till at least Jan 15.

Return to “Bacolet Beach Club”