Is Bacolet Beach Club open?

22 room boutique hotel at Bacolet (listing)
Emily P

Is Bacolet Beach Club open?

Post by Emily P »

I read a post on another message board that Bacolet Beach Club is not currently open (as of October 16, 2008). Does anyone know if Bacolet is open? I'm planning to visit in November. Thanks!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Is Bacolet Beach Club open?

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Emily

Welcome aboard! :D

The Bacolet Beach Club is a new hotel - well, a new building associated with the Half Moon Blue Hotel. It is nearing completion and, I understand, due to open in the next week or two. If they have accepted a booking from you, then I think we must assume that they will be open - although knowing the way things go on Tobago, you should accept that there may still be some evidence of finishing touches being completed.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
PeterV
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by PeterV »

It IS open... but it is not yet completed.

There's still some minor construction going on: They're still painting and finishing. The steps leading down to the beach and the beach-side bar are being finished (they've been building one of the decks this week), so there's no beach-side service. The restaurant is not yet open, so they're sending guests over to the Donkey Cart (across the street) for food.

Can't say anything about the accommodations (I didn't check them out) but the little beach they have -- which is effectively private, shared with just two private residences -- is most excellent.

Peter
PeterV
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by PeterV »

Just a quick update:

When I left Tobago on 12/12/2008, progress had been made there had been no significant change in the status of this property. The restaurant was still not open, and the beach bar/snack/whatever place was still under construction, work was still being done on various things (some rooms, it appeared, the air conditioning in places, etc).

Peter
Emily P

Post by Emily P »

I visited Bacolet Beach Club in November 2008 (after posting on this board). They were still working out the kinks at that time. We had to stay at the Half Moon for our first two nights since there was an issue with the water at Bacolet. Once we were in the rooms, I found them to be quite nice - flat screen TVs, 4-poster bed with mosquito netting, funky bathroom decor, etc. (There were extra touches such as flower petals on the bed and in the bathroom during my stay.) There was also a convenient place to park our rental car in front.

I will be returning to Tobago in March and am trying to determine where to stay. I have been assured that the restaurant at Bacolet is now open, but that construction has not started on the gym. In November, the only major missing convenience was a telephone, so I'll need to make sure those have been added to the rooms before booking a reservation.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has stayed at Bacolet this year regarding changes/updates to the hotel.

Return to “Bacolet Beach Club”