Guest Report

22 room boutique hotel at Bacolet (listing)
H. Rose

Guest Report

Post by H. Rose »

We decided to go with the bacolet Beach Club for the 3 days whilst over in TT, the decision mainly being driven by their website and a special offer they were running which I found out was due to them still being under construction and not just an Xmas offer, something which wasn't offered until we arrived.

It's 90% finished now, with just some of the smaller things to complete, telephones in rooms, welcome/info packs and the gym.

The rooms are simple and clean, nothing special but they didn have lovely touches like flowers on the beds and in the bathrooms ect.

The resturant served great breakfasts although a little inconsistent with their opening times (had to wait for the staff to arrive on 1 day). The evening menu is limited with only 4 items, none of which were vegetarian (2 of us were veggies).

The best feature of the hotel without a doubt is the effectively private beach and after visiting Crown Point one day, is it's gem.

The hotel is quite isolated and you do really need a car (although I reserved one there wasn;t one for me when i got there). You can walk to Scarborough but only during the day. They and the Blue Moon Inn are owner by the same person and share the same reception, again we were not told that when we arrived so spent time hangin around waiting for someone to be by reception as we were told they would be.

When the hotel is finished it will be a nice little boutique hotel with the beach being it's best asset. I would not stay there for the full $180 pn rate when complted as it doesn;t offered that extra in ammentities which you'd expect for that.

All in all, despite what I've said above, it was a good 3 days in a good hotel. The little niggly things related to a new place opening didn;t bother us at all.

Return to “Bacolet Beach Club”