Guest Report

22 room boutique hotel at Bacolet (listing)
Sandra Gower

Guest Report

Post by Sandra Gower »

Really liked the Bacolet Beach even though it is new and hasn't quite got everything in order yet. We were half board, which appeared to be a new thing for them and they didn't seem quite geared up for it. This didn't cause a problem however, in fact it was to our advantage because we could eat anything we liked - there was no separate menu for half board which would exclude the more expensive items on the menu. Clearly this was not to their advantage so we didn't take advantage of them and eat lobster every night! We did ask about this and they said there was a $40 - $42 dollar limit but as this was not set out anywhere they could not really enforce it. Fortunately they took a view and if we ate something over the limit one night we made sure we were below it the next and this was fine with them. The restaurant menu was good and the staff excellent. Breakfast was excellent as well. Our room was nice - wardrobe rather small and our safe didn't work. The Manager put our valuables in the hotel safe so again, not really a problem. Room was kept clean and beds changed extremely regularly - towels changed every day.
Private beach was really pretty - high tide kept the sand pretty wet but always plenty of sunbeds and space. The beach bar is excessively expensive however (as were the drinks in the restaurant) that would be a criticism for us. It is a shame because the bar was beautifully situated but very under used because of the prices. All the staff were very nice and very helpful. The steps to the beach would not be suitable for anyone very unfit or disabled.
We booked this holiday via Virgin Holidays and several things listed for Bacolet Beach Hotel in their brochure were not there! ie no shop and no gym or sauna - however we would not have used these so it made no difference to us. However, if I had booked expecting and wanting them I would have been cross. We also had no tea/coffee making facilities in the room (also in Virgin brochure) but they willingly provided a kettle when asked.
All in all we had a great time - who could not on Tobago! - I would definitely recommend the Bacolet Beach Hotel to those wanting a quiet hotel with a pretty beach and absolutely no nightlife. The restaurant did have a bar playing good music and there were bar tables up there but I would not say there was much of an atmosphere yet - probably because its so new.

Return to “Bacolet Beach Club”