Guest Report

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
I Martin

Guest Report

Post by I Martin »

We went witho our two boys aged 10 and 6 and had a great time.
The accomodation was great, not pristine but more caribbean shabby chic! Loved the food, bbq fish at lunch was excellent, ditto souffles after dinner.

95% of the staff were spot on. If you treat them right then you get great service back. If you treat them like dirt (as some do)then ...
We did the Zoe jet boat trip which was fun, and also some fishing ask for Kester. The whole family caught Tarpon and my 10year old was thrilled with a bonefish he caught.
Sometimes it could be hard to get a drink from the bar in the evening. When dinner was being served the bar staff were looking after dinner orders and you could feel you were intruding. The hotel was largely deserted by 10pm which didn't bother us.
My only real negative was the watersports. They had a few kayaks which all the children loved. In August the hotel becomes a centre for the annual Trinidad to Tobago boat race. Large numbers of ocean going boats moor just oof the hotel wall and basically have a party for 3 or 4 days. This in istelf was not a problem ( our children made friends with some from Trinidad) but several of the boats used the KAyaks as tenders and left them tied up for hours on there boats. This did not seem to bother the watersports staff that there was none for guests. But should a child not be in a boat for 5 minutes the surly staff would be over in a flash and take it back. Also watersports were only available until 4pm which seemed a tad early.

Other than that we had a great time and hope to go back. The general manager Eric was great and happy to sort any issues.

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”