Guest Report

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Joanna Oswin

Guest Report

Post by Joanna Oswin »

We first selected Coco Reef Resort from the British Airways selection of hotels in Tobago, which rated it highly and gave a good description. Then followed this up with the My Tobago very detailed report which we found extremely useful - as was all their comprehensive information on the island. Our reason for visiting Tobago was that I had had holidays there in the 50's as a child, when my parents worked in Trinidad.

So expectations were high and we were not disappointed, we really loved it all. The design and decor of Coco Reef is so Caribbean. The location of the hotel was wonderful - its own private beach a real advantage and it was good to be able to walk to Pigeon Point, which I remember so well and which had hardly changed.

We could not fault the service, the friendliness and efficiency of the staff were as good as everyone promises. The food was good - wonderful breakfasts, lovely BBQ or other alternatives at lunch and we appreciated the smaller servings in the Tamaras Restaurant in the evening. Drinks were offered continuously whether on the beach, by the pool or in the foyer or gallery - and a wide choice. Opting for All Inclusive (for us the first time)was brilliant.

The bedrooms were fine - bathroom a bit small but having an ocean view with a balcony was a real plus point. The only criticism - we felt it wrong in this day and age to have to charge for broadband connections.

All in all - a brilliant holiday, but a week was definitely too short!

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”