Just Arrived Back (22nd March 2005)

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Ian Newell

Just Arrived Back (22nd March 2005)

Post by Ian Newell »

Hello peeps, just arrived back, and I am pleased to say that I met June Reid (another contributor to this site) who was honeymooning at Coco Reef - Hello June!!

I must admit, there does seem to be a lot of negativity to the CR on these pages, and I can (sort of) understand some of the moans.

My views are (and these are personal opinions):-

Plastic Sunbeds - What's that all about? I expect better for such a high class hotel. Felt like Ibiza to me. [-X

"Beach" - Not my cup of tea. I live about two minute from a beach far better than this one, BUT for kids and poor swimmers it is ideal. It looks and is man made, and the wall at either side (razor wire on the west side) is a monstrosity. [-X

Umbrella shades What a giggle, the Brits and Germans fight it out on the beaches yet again. IF you are the sort of person who feels this is important, then I feel, perhaps, Tobago is not for you. But there you go, it takes all sorts. :oops:

Staff I don't understand how anybody can say that the staff were surly. The Tobagan smile, will be my lasting memory of the island. The staff were immaculately dressed and mannered and are a credit to the hotel and the island. :mrgreen:

Rooms We stayed in a ocean view room, and whilst basic, it did have a nice view, and had what was needed. I don't understand why there was no ceiling fan (surely typically carribean) and the aircon was very noisy, so a black mark for that! [-(

Food Very, very good, good choice and perhaps a bit "samey" at the end of two weeks, but 8/10 for the nosh. :lol:

In summary, if you use it as base, as we did, a very good hotel. If you want raw Tobago, then perhaps something else would be your cup of tea.

We went AI, but we hired a car and went out and eat at various places, Jemma's being my fave, the beaches are good, Castara, Pidgen Point ( a bit rough, but lovely coloured water) and Stonehaven were our favourites.

The Tobagans were fantastic, and the friendliest and most laid back I have met, anywhere on the planet, they are a joy. The girls were gorgeous and my Mrs tells me that some of the me were "all right" as well.

We won't be going back, because we don't do that (the planet is far too big) but the island is very worth a visit.

Farewell Tobago =D>

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”