Trips around the island

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Pamela Sutcliffe

Trips around the island

Post by Pamela Sutcliffe »

Can the Coco Reef arrange trips around the island .
As we are retired we do not want anything that is too expensive but we would like to see other parts of the island whilst our stay on Tobago.
Does anyone know what the cost might be?
Stephen Turner

Post by Stephen Turner »

Yes, the Coco Reef has a Social Director who can arrange trips. Sorry, I don't know the prices, because we hired a car.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Pamela

Yes, the Coco Reef Resort does have a Guest Services Director (or whatever they choose to call someone who books tours for guests) who can book tours for you at any time.

I don't know who the hotel uses for tours, but I'm sure they will be quite good. However, the danger with tours booked through the big hotels and package holiday reps is that they tend to shove you on the big tours, where they probably get the biggest commission. Frankly you will tend to get a much better and more personal service by booking direct with one of the smaller operators.

My personal favourite for general island tours, particularly from areas likes the Coco Reef, is Yes Tourism. I've just had a look at their web - http://www.yes-tourism.com - and see that they do a full-day island tour for US$75 per person, including lunch and entrance fees, etc. I think this is a fairly typical figure for a day's tour. You can save a bit by booking with them online.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Stephen Turner

Post by Stephen Turner »

Some other people we spoke to had hired a taxi to drive the two of them round for the whole day. They said it was reasonably priced, and of course it would take them wherever they wanted. So that's another option.
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Or rent a car for a day or two and do your own thing.You will certainly see more as you can stop whereever and whenever you want.
David
Anette Mahoney

Post by Anette Mahoney »

We have just returned today after 2 great weeks at Coco Reef. The social director at the hotel booked us an island tour with a certified guide called Wayne Gray (Wayne's World Tours), who we would thoroughly recommend. He took us wherever we wanted to go in his very nice air conditioned car!! He was very knowledgable about the island and extremely interesting and good company. It was also cheaper than booking through Virgin, who we travelled with. His website address is http://www.waynesworld-tours.com if you want to see what he offers.

Have a great holiday.

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”