Guest Report

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Ken Taylor

Guest Report

Post by Ken Taylor »

My wife and I stayed at Coco Reef for two weeks and I have to say that the overall experience was excellent. The staff, without exception, were friendly, courteous and helpful, the rooms were extremely good, air conditioned and cleaned twice each day, and the quality of the food, while a little repetitive, was of a very high quality.

If you visit make sure you chat with Bernicia, the restaraunt manager who will give you a colourful insight into Tobagonian life, and the two Trevors, one on the beach and one in the restaraunt, who are both fun guys. The beach is excellent although being private you do miss any local character and it would be nice if the hotel authorised some of the local craft makers to come on to the beach to display their wares.

The night life was a little low key, in a Piano Lounge style, and ends at 10.30 every night. They could improve this by making it less formal, and introduce a greater island flavour to it.

One word of caution. If you want to visit different places on the Island, which you really should, I would hire a car and tour independently. We went on three Virgin excursions and while bits of them were interesting, the Rain Forest and Argyle Falls, it is at the cost of sitting in tour buses for hours and hours. We also went over to Trinidad with Virgin and my advice is dont bother. It is a very long day, starts at 6.00 am and while the bird sanctuary and swamp were ok the remainder of the visit was in a small mini bus, lunch at a very average restaraunt and some shopping in a pretty tatty street in Port of Spain. Trinidad is nothing like Tobago and I felt this trip was a day wasted.

There were a number of small children when we were there, very well behaved, but there is nothing for them to do but paddle in the sea but they all seemed ok with the heat.

All in all Tobago is a gret Island, well worth a visit and Coco Reef is an excellent hotel.

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”