Guest Report

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
Jenny Sharpe

Guest Report

Post by Jenny Sharpe »

We have recently returned from a second visit to Coco Reef, Tobago with Virgin Holidays. I’ve just read my review of Coco Reef of April 2009 and it’s difficult to find anything to add. Once again we had a safe in our room and I am told that all the rooms should have safes by this summer. However, here’s my report for this year’s visit.

This is the first time we have ever returned to a hotel the following year and it didn’t disappoint. It was as wonderful as before, beautiful room, extremely comfortable bed, fluffy towels, a wide choice of food, beautifully cooked and presented, lovely beach and safe warm sea. Best of all, however, is the service offered by the friendly, helpful and efficient staff, led by the General Manager Eric Feniet. We were thoroughly spoiled.

During our visit as last year we enjoyed several trips around the island. Last year we explored the rain forest and went to Little Tobago and this year took the opportunity to fly to Trinidad for the day. We were in a group of five and were looked after by an extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide from the Asa Wright Nature Centre in the north of the island. After visiting the reserve followed by lunch in Port of Spain he took us to the Caroni Swamp area where we were amazed by the Scarlet Ibis. The flight back to Tobago was delayed so we arrived at Coco Reef too late for the evening meal, but, no problem, we were offered a light, but substantial meal in the Gallery bar while Gary, the barman, kept us topped up with beers and gin and tonics!

We met a couple on their sixth visit to Coco Reef, we’re not surprised and we will definitely return some time in the future.

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”