Guest Report

135 room luxury 4* beachside resort at Crown Point (listing)
M. S. Adam

Guest Report

Post by M. S. Adam »

I stayed at the Coco Reef for a week in August this year and in general terms, everything was just as I expected for the price paid.

About the price, I have to say that there were much better deals on the internet on sites such as Tripadvisor.com, or Despegar.com. I wrote the hotel to find out about the rate and they quoted +USD 300 per night. I told them I had found a better rate on the web (USD 200 BB). I was quite surprised when they answered me that they could not offer the same rate that some of their agents were offering, so I'd better make my reservation with them instead of directly at the hotel. If I hand't known Tobagonians better I would have been shocked by their attitude (Isn't it better for the hotel to handle its own reservations and save on the commission?).

About the hotel per se, it's lovely. I chose it mainly because I have a 5 year old daughter, and the choice of a private, calm beach made me choose the CR. Breakfast was a delightful affair, except for the birds that kept pecking at the guests' plates. I only saw the guy with the owl and falcon once while I stayed there, but still, the birds don't seem to fear them anymore.

We had 3 problems during our stay: first, a leaking AC that took 3 visits from the maintenance man to fix. Second: on day 2 of our stay we had to call about 3 times to get our room arranged. Third: our phone had faulty numbers (several numbers had no tone). Other than that, everything was fine. The staff was very kind and everyone would say hello to you when passing by. Antonio, one of the managers, was extremely helpful with everything.

In all, everything was as I expected, except for the minor glitches. Definitely recommend if you have small children or if your prefer quiet beaches.

Return to “Coco Reef Resort”