Guest Report

2 apartments in the owner's villa, near Moriah
Jo-Ann

Guest Report

Post by Jo-Ann »

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sundowner for 5 nights and I have got to say that it was absolutely the best getaway we had. The setting of the villa is so romantic and the views are just breathtaking! The villa is set on the edge of mountain overlooking the sea, we had BRUNCH almost every day out on the veranda since we slept so well who could get up for breakfast!
The accommodations are not like a hotel, it is well equipped with everything you could possibly want, it feels like a home. If you do need anything just give Annie or Roger a shout and they would be more than happy to help.The dishwasher was definitely appreciated since we made quite a mess cooking at night and who wants to waste time washing so much dishes! There is also a washing machine and dryer which in my books were essential for a long stay. Annie I assume was responsible for the eclectic decor and the great attention to detail from the bedrooms to the bathroom!
There is no television but they do have internet access and a radio for your use as well as board games and a bookshelf full of great books. The infinity edge pool is a great place to spend the hot afternoons with a nice cold drink and I can bet money you cannot find a better view anywhere else on the island.
The location of sundowner was a bit tricky to navigate the first couple times but we got the hang of it! Really though nowhere in Tobago is that far! It is approximately 20 minutes from Scarborough and about 30-40 minutes (depends on your driving) to Crown Point. It is ideal for exploring the NE coast since Castara is a mere 15 minutes drive from the villa! Perfect spot for exploring the off beaten track.
Roger and Annie are just the most generous and gracious hosts, along with their 3 well behaved dogs and the cutest little cat called Rosemary! I would definitely recommend Sundowner to anyone who craves serenity and peace on their vacation.

Return to “Sundowner”