Guest Report

75 apartments and cabanas, overlooking Store Bay (listing)
Sonelle Archibald

Guest Report

Post by Sonelle Archibald »

My choice of this hotel began with a long hard search online of all the available hotels close to airport or seaport. Since Crown Point offered conveniences such as restaurant, a/c rooms, beach view and walking distance from airport all in one I finally made the selection.
My stay there was for my honeymoon and even though it was 3 days, it was wonderful with few complaints. To begin with when we got to our upstairs room I didn't expect such an exquisite view of the ocean (even though there was a palm tree blocking piece of the view but obviously not the hotel's fault). The room was clean (as far as we could tell) and comfortable. The problem was the bath soap was those itsy bitsy size which is impossible to hold let alone bathe so we had to request more the first day we were there. Another issue - no microwave. Everything else of the room was fine. Very powerful aircondition too.
The bar and restaurant, well I wouldn't call it a restaurant. The problem there was not a wide variety of items to choose from to eat. Mostly burgers and fries and stuff like what you get in TGI Fridays in Trinidad. But what we had one of the days - burgers - were delicious. Drinks too were good. My stay was good. It's hard sometime to determine when is the low season beacuse it seems as though when I check the price changes every month. I can't seem to ever hear the same price I paid when I went which was TT$360/night approx US$60/night. But if I had to go back I want an upstairs room - not necessarily the same one - but one with a view like before. When I talk about going Tobago my husband says "Oh we should go where we went for our honeymoon. There was nice." But then again what's the price this time? Hmmm...

Return to “Crown Point Beach Hotel”