Guest Report

A three-bedroom villa on Mount Irvine
Rose Marva Phillips

Guest Report

Post by Rose Marva Phillips »

I was booked approximately a month in advance of my trip to Tobago at this Establishment. On the night of my flight Friday 30th October, 2015 I was delayed out of Piarco and therefore never arrived in Tobago unti close to 1.00 a.m. on Saturday morning the 31st. I called and called Rolita's to no avail. I still located a taxi that charged me $150.00 and we went in search of this very illusive Guesthouse.
We drove around for almost 45 minutes without any luck and finally the taxi driver stopped at a bar near Old Grange Road to enquire about thew where abouts of Rolita's. By this time I must have put in close to 20 calls to Rolita's Landline and the cell number that was provided.
We followed the directions that were given to us by the Bar Attendant and realised that we had passed Rolita's many times, but the Sign was not easily visible.
We then went into the compound's yard and called the Guesthouse^s number, which we heard ringing, but no one answered. I even noticed that their was a Security camera, so I hoped beyond hope that someone would have seen that a woman was outside trying to get some service, but that did not happen.
I eventually left the compound, and asked the taxi driver to take me back to the Airport, where I kindly paid him, and stayed at the Airport alone, until 7.00 a.m. when I had no choice but to make alternative arrangements for a place to stay.
Now, the irony with this situation is that, thie gentleman (so called) did not have the common decency the following day, to return any of my calls and even try to make an excuse for not answering my calls.
A week later, I decided to call Rolita's to see if I could hage gotten an explanation. The gentleman was quite hostile, when I told him I had called, when I arrived in Tobago, and his response to me, was, ir that is the time, I came in, and if I expected him to be up at that time.
Now, if Tobago is a tourist destination, and flights at times are delayed, then Guests would arrive once Flights are operating. Therefore, Hotels and Guesthouses cannot expect to be closed, and leave their guests exposed to the elements. Buisness would certainly be lost and then one's impression of this Gem of an Island, would be that they are not ready to be a Tourist Destination.
I know that one thing is sure, I would never recommend Rolita's to anyone, because I do not want them to suffer the fate, that I went through.

Return to “Rolita's Guesthouse”