Guest Report

4 studio apartments in Castara (listing)
Simone Kist

Guest Report

Post by Simone Kist »

I'm so glad to see Sharon and Brenton's place on myTobago!

After two wonderful weeks in Tobago for our destination wedding/honeymoon we were suppoded to finish our honeymmoon in Trinidad. However, we fell in love with Castara and decided to cancel Trinidad in favour of 4 more nights in in this dreamy beach village. We had been staying at the fabulous Alibaba's Seabreeze (wonderful!--report already written!) and wanted to return there but they were all booked up. Staphanie suggested we check out the new place next door, owned by the same folk that have the Boat House restaurant. Sharon was happy to show me thier new building.

Set just above and beside Alibaba's, the view down Little Bay towards the Big Bay was beautiful; the apartment itself (we stayed in the end room closest to the beach) was really well laid out so that the view is visable from anywhere in the suite, including from the bed. It was so perfect to wake up and turn one's head to see the waves gently crashing on the beach with the verdant hills cradling the bay. The kitchen was well appointed, although was still being added to for next year's vacation season. The bed was the real deal--what we're used to in Canada and the UK, and comfortable. The apartment does not have hot water (yet) but one can have a nice warm shower by timing it right with the sun--or enjoy a cool and refreshing rinse at other times of day. The decor of the apartments is simplistic but with a romantic touch. The best feature here (as with Alibaba's) is the deck, at the Boatview its big enough for four people and expands along the whole frontage of the apartment.

I think the nicest thing about the Boatview Apartments are the owners, especially Sharon who really goes out of her way to assist and advise her guests (bank runs, lifts, finding a substitute for an ambulance for us--another story all together!), we really feel like we've made friends in Castara, we're already booked for next year!

Return to “Boatview”