Guest Report

4 studio apartments in Castara (listing)
Sarah Hechtenthal

Guest Report

Post by Sarah Hechtenthal »

Sitting on our balcony at the Boatview looking over Castara Bay at sunset is my new "happy place." We stayed for almost a week and this place was the highlight of our whole month in Tobago!! The room was clean and had a kitchen, bathroom, and big comfy bed, and the largest deck over-looking the beach we had ever seen! There is even a couch on the patio for afternoon naps! heaven! the room has no air conditioning and this was a source of panic for my husband, but in all honesty, it was not a problem. if you leave your patio doors open and use the standing fans provided, you will be just perfect. the mosquito netting is ideal and makes it easy to leave the doors open. there is also no hot water, again, not really a problem for me, but my husband never got used to it. it is so hot in Tobago, you dont need hot water in my opinion - but it is a personal choice. he also learned that the shower is cold water first thing in the AM, but by noon, the tanks have warmed in the sun and you can have all natural hot water!
you can walk right down the stairs and onto the beach. the snorkelling is spectacular too! the party on Wednesday night at the Boatview restaurant was fun and the live entertainment was amazing (food was quite yummy but pricey). We made the steep uphill trek to the Coffee Shop in town every morning for breakfast (their coconut bake is to die for and have decent coffee for a change). We ate most nights at the Treehouse which is a restaurant on the beach owned by 2 of the nicest people on the island (Patricia and Dennis). YUMMY food! The only downside was that there are dogs barking in Castara all the time - day and night non-stop! we even awoke very early to dogs on the roof "tap dancing" which was amusing at first, but got annoying after awhile. Sharon, the owner, was very good at getting them down right away. We are dog lovers, so it was not a huge deal. but you might want to bring earplugs just in case. I cant say enough about how wonderful the Boatview really is - i want to go back ASAP.

Return to “Boatview”