Grafton Beach Resort - Taking our baby!

108 room 3*+ All-Inclusive resort at Stone Haven Bay (listing)
Jennifer Muscat

Grafton Beach Resort - Taking our baby!

Post by Jennifer Muscat »

We are leaving the UK on the 3 November 2005 for 14 nights at the Grafton Beach Resort. I am worried as the reports appear to be very mixed. Can anyone give any good advice, on anything apart from the obvious we should be taking. Can you also tell me if the there is a supermarket near by.

Thanks for your help.[/b]
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Jennifer

Welcome aboard! :lol:

Check the reports on every other hotel and you'll find much the same mix of opinion. If you've done your research properly and decided that the Grafton is the type of hotel you want, then I'm sure you will have a wonderful holiday. If you've simply picked it out of a package holiday brochure and been taken in by all their bxxxxxx, then you could go there both the hotel and Tobago completely different to your expectations. In my experience, the vast majority of negative reports about any hotel are from people who were expecting a completely different type of place.

There is a very small supermarket (think corner shop) just a 5-minute walk from the hotel. Depends on what you want though. You might have to take a five-minute drive to the nearest 'proper' supermarket.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Jennifer Muscat

Hi

Post by Jennifer Muscat »

Hi Steve

Thanks so much for your prompt response. Our baby is just over a year and well travelled - South africa at 5 months, Tunisia at 8 months, loves the heat (her father is South African). I guess the supermarket is for things like Fresh Milk (for the baby - I hope its pasturised cows milk) and just incase we run out of nappies.

We booked the hotel according to price, best value fully inclusive, but are now very worried after reading some of the reviews. We are well travelled, both my husband and I have completed round the world trips, staying in the most basic to the most extravigant hotels. We are just looking for a nice break, at a nice clean hotel, where we wont been seen as too much of a problem because we have a baby.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Jennifer

If you go there with an open mind and accepting that this is a 3*+ mid-range hotel, then I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful time. Read our review and base your views on that, because we now have considerable experience at writing these things and write from the widest possible perspective. We don't get paid to write them and I couldn't care a toss whether the hotel management like what I write.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Grafton Beach Resort”