HOTEL FOR HEAVY DRINKING AND SMOKING.

108 room 3*+ All-Inclusive resort at Stone Haven Bay (listing)
PHILLIP HAYCOCK

HOTEL FOR HEAVY DRINKING AND SMOKING.

Post by PHILLIP HAYCOCK »

WE RECENTLY SPENT A WEEK AT THE HOTEL DURING THE OCTOBER HALF TERM HOLIDAY.
ON THE WHOLE THE HOTEL WAS GOOD.THE STAFF WERE PLEASANT AND HELPFUL.THE STANDARD OF THE ROOMS WAS FINE AS WAS THE QUALITY OF FOOD.
ONE OF THE MAIN PROBLEMS WAS THE LOUNGE AREA. THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR NON SMOKERS.THE LOUNGE AREA IS VERY LIMITED.MOST PEOPLE WHO FREQUENTED THE LOUNGE AREA SEEMED CONTENT TO DRINK AND SMOKE HEAVILY. THIS CAN BE OFF PUTTING IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO DO EITHER,ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN. IT MEANT THEREFORE THAT UNLESS YOU WERE INTO SMOKING AND DRINKING,YOU WERE EFFECTIVELY BANISHED TO THE SANCTITY OF YOUR OWN BEDROOM.

THE HOTEL STAFF SEEMED RELUCANT TO DEAL WITH DRUNK GUESTS.ON ONE OCCASION A WEDDING PARTY!!!! DRUNK THEMSELVES SILLY AND STARTED JUMPING INTO THE POOL FROM THE BALCONY OF THE RETURANT THAT IS PERCHED OVER THE POOL.THIS WAS EVEN THOUGH CHILDREN WERE SWIMMING BELOW THE JUMPERS. THE STAFF DID NOTHING TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF YOU WANT TO DRINK YOURSELF SILLY THEN THIS IS THE HOTEL FOR YOU. IF HOWEVER YOU WANT TO ENJOY THE TRUE CHARM OF THE ISLAND WITH PEACE OF MIND,MAY IS SUGGEST THE HOTEL NEXT DOOR. THE BROCHURE STATES THAT THE NEIGHBOURING HOTEL IS FOR ADULTS ONLY.THE STAFF AND REPS SAY THAT OLDER TEENAGE CHILDREN CAN STAY THERE THOUGH. IT WAS MARKEDLY UP MARKET IN ITS GUESTS THAN THE GRAFTON.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Phillip

As a non-smoker myself, I do sympathise. However, I do feel that it is unfair to brand the Grafton as a hotel for heavy drinking and smoking. I stayed there last year and have visited it on many occasions and I would suggest that the chances of finding heavy drinkers/smokers there are no higher than at any other resort.

The lounge area is semi-open-air, so smoking is not normally a problem (and believe you me, I'm very sensitive to smoke). I have to tell you that it’s only in the last couple of years that most Tobago hotels have banned smoking in the restaurants/dining rooms. I'm familiar with them all, but can't think of a single one that has separate smoking/non-smoking lounges. They are all semi open-air, so it really shouldn’t be a problem.

You were also just plain unlucky with the wedding party. Lets be honest, wedding parties are a nightmare anywhere. What’s the betting that they were British? As a nation, we really know how to shame ourselves.

(p.s. You may wish to know that in online Netiquette, upper-case letters are considered the equivalent of shouting :lol: )
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Grafton Beach Resort”