Guest Report

108 room 3*+ All-Inclusive resort at Stone Haven Bay (listing)
Dawn Fozard

Guest Report

Post by Dawn Fozard »

Operator: Hayes and Jarvis
I have just returned on 25th August 2006 from a 14 night holiday staying at the Grafton. After reading past reviews I was very worried about staying here. All my worries were groundless.

We were made to feel welcome from getting our cases taken out of our taxi by the bell boy until we had to very reluctantly go home!

The food was very good with lots of local and international choices. Alcohol was certainly not watered down in any bar - I had to ask them not to put too much in. Our room was well equipted with a beautiful view of the gardens and beach. With ACU that worked - you don't often get that in the med. The room was cleaned thoroughly everyday, with new towels etc. Beach towels were also provided.
The staff were a bit reserved at first, but if you make the effort you will make some really good friends. Entertainment was provided but quite low key. If you want more lively entertainment venture out of the resort. Try Sunday School - great fun.

My daughter and I did lots of trips while in Tobago, and booked trips with 3 different tour reps/companies and can say that they couldn't do enough for us. Even providing us with occasional free taxis to different beaches.

What I would say is try Super Tours especially his personal Island tour as it can be customised to what you want to see.
We also did a day trip by boat, fishing, snorkelling and swimming onto beaches only accessible by book.We swam with giant rays on one beach. Fish you catch and cook on a BBQ is just a delight.

I would return to the Grafton with no reservations.

My daughter and I did not get hassled at all when in Tobago, be polite but firm - it works.

Airport is small, suggest after you have checked in on the return trip, don't go through to the departure lounge too early. You can go down to Crown Point beach and wait there! Duty free shops outside the airport also make sure your order in waiting for you before you get on the plane.

We flew with Excel airways on the first day of the security alert, and were only 45 minutes late in arriving. Much better than BA or Virgin. No delays on return flight either.

Return to “Grafton Beach Resort”