Guest Report

5-room Hostel in Buccoo (listing)
Tammy

Guest Report

Post by Tammy »

My friend and i decided to come to Tobago for 2 days, as such we were looking for somewhere affordable as well as comforatble to stay just for a night. My friend made all the arrangements and she spoke to Brandon a few times before arriving, he said we'll be staying in the Rainforest room ($300) and will arrange transport to and from the airport ($120). First of all, when we landed, he was there already (which was good), he seemed upset that we didn't call before but honestly we didn't get a chance to as we saw him on arrival, he kept going on and on "jeez all yuh cuda jus call, a tex wuda be nice at least". He kept asking if we needed to get breakfast but we already had breakfast so we were full, he then went to somewhere near pigeon point to get breakfast for himself which took about 15 minutes. When we finally arrived at the place, i was so disappointed, the yard was very muddy and the grass needed mowing. He took us to a room with 3 bunk beds, 2 fans and a bathroom, we told him that this was not want he offered to us, he then told us that he has another room but we have to wait 5 hrs for it (this was not mentioned before). The room was so hot, we had to leave, when we came back, he took us to another place a small distance from his place, that room had 3 beds and one fan (again not what we agreed on and paid for). After realizing that we were not settling for these, he then gave us the nylon pool room as the rainforest room was occupied by some white folks. This room was comfortable (thank God) but you certainly can't cook something there as the stove fridge, tiny sink, electric 2 burner is all in one very small space and no tv. It's not so much that the room was bad, it's just Brandon was not very honest with us at all, i felt that he tried to deceive us, we certainly did not expect this because he seemed genuine over the phone. We certainly we not ever be staying here again. Trust me there are many other places, offering much more for the same price. It was our first time so we definitely learnt our lesson.

Return to “Fish Tobago”