Question of safety Boccoo - No Man`s Land

Questions and comment on sport fishing on Tobago
Karambesi
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Question of safety Boccoo - No Man`s Land

Post by Karambesi »

Deare friends,

I have just booked again for the holiday island of Tobago. Again in June, and I have a great pleasure. Of course a big challenge of fly fishing there. Now I have to ask this of you: If I were alone with the fly Boccoo direction of No Man's Land or direction of Pigeon Point Bon Accord Lagoon, is associated with risk dias
When any of you has a clue, please give me information.
4-5 times I'll go out with Kester, but alone I would also like to know the area for Flyfishing.
Love greetings from the wintry Austria
Peter
Steve Pitts
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Question of safety Boccoo - No Man`s Land

Post by Steve Pitts »

Hello Peter

I have fished Buccoo and No Mans Land many times, wading from the rocky point where the old house is to the beach at No Mans Land where it enters Bon Accord lagoon.

At high tides the sea comes in right up to the trees in many places but never deeper so you can't wade to the next stretch of sand, but you do have to climb over the branches of the fallen trees in places so it is always best to take only the tackle and equipment that you can fit into a back pack.

Do not leave any tackle or personal belonging such as a camera or phone on the beach at Buccoo because some of the guys that hang out at the peir area follow tourists along the beach and grab stuff from the undergrowth - it's happened to me some years ago. Keep everything you take with you at all times.

Good fishing

Steve
Take only photos - leave only footprints. I like that concept.
Karambesi
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Re: Question of safety Boccoo - No Man`s Land

Post by Karambesi »

Thank you Steve for your information.
I take it on the. I've seen this on Google and I'll also try to walk from Pigeon Point to the direction of Bon Accord on the beach at low tide. With fly rod and a small backpack.
The help here in the forum is great
Thank you, Peter

Return to “Recreational Fishing”