Juvenile Tarpon Around?

Questions and comment on sport fishing on Tobago
Sterling
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Juvenile Tarpon Around?

Post by Sterling »

So I've been gone a loooooooong time, but I'm back for some more knowledge. Last time I posted I mentioned chasing some baby Tarpon in the summer of 2010. I was very unsuccessful on spinning gear then as well as another attempt in 2011. Since then, I have picked up fly fishing. I'm still not very good at casting, but I'm getting there.

Anyway, on my last post, there was a wealth of information provided to me http://www.mytobago.info/forum/viewtopi ... 725#p36725 on the best method to target these tarpon using a fly rod. Back then, it all sounded like German to me, but now that I understand what most of it means, I'm planning a trip back.

I have been considering going down for a week in December, but would hate to travel all that way and not find them hanging around within casting distance at the various beaches I have seen them at. I've only seem them in April, Jun-Aug. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge as to whether or not the juvenile tarpon hang around in December? Specifically, if they can be expected around Sandy Point Beach Club, Pigeon Point, and Mount Irvine Bay? Those are the three places I have seen them time and time again.

Return to “Recreational Fishing”