Local fishing charter costs

Questions and comment on sport fishing on Tobago
Wayne
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Local fishing charter costs

Post by Wayne »

I am planning my first trip to Tobago and am interested in the option of hiring a local fisherman to take me out. Does anyone know the going rate? The Local Fishermen section of the My Tobago website indicates The Pastor can be hired to go offshore after dolphin fish for $100/day, but I have recently been told by someone from Trinidad that the cost to hire a local boat for offshore fishing is $300/day.

Many thanks to anyone who can confirm the current rate. I am also interested in opinions on what part of the island is best for a fishing-focused visit.

Wayne
DaveSherry
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Re: Local fishing charter costs

Post by DaveSherry »

I spent the Winter in Tobago and would recommend Shabba in Buccoo I dont have his number but just ask for him in the village he is well known. He will take you out for TT1000 and knows the water as well as anyone .
Gill O
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Re: Local fishing charter costs

Post by Gill O »

A really good fisherman is Anaconda Cox who is also now based at Buccoo. He says he would charge $250/$300 per day, depending on which boat he uses. His mobile number is 868 274 7603 or 8686310683 after 7 pm. My husband had some excellent fishing with him during the last 2 weeks of April

Return to “Recreational Fishing”