looking 4 a fishing partner

Questions and comment on sport fishing on Tobago
Martin Smirthwaite
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

looking 4 a fishing partner

Post by Martin Smirthwaite »

Hi my name is Martin, from Devon in the UK, I am staying in Bon Accord and just enquiriing if any one would like to meet up to do some fishing.
Take care and Happy Christmas from Sunny Tobago
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: looking 4 a fishing partner

Post by Robert T »

HI Martin,

How long will you be staying?

Robert
Martin Smirthwaite
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Hi and thanks for the reply Robert, staying till 3 or 4 January.... Then going off island hopping, returning around about the 18th Jan as my partner is flying back to the UK, I can then be around for a while because I will not be returning to the UK till 5th March
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Hi Martin,

We'll be arriving on the 21st of January , staying for 2 weeks so quite a lot of fishing can be done. Also my buddy , Greg from Austria , will be touching down on the 17th and staying all the way till March, as I understand. Wondering if you have already had a session or two?

Robert
Martin Smirthwaite
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Hi,
I went down to the beach at Pigeon Point Road, to the let of Tobo’s Bar. Stayed for an hour and the only thing I caught was a few dozen mozzi bite’s that are now driving me crazy. Used some Odomos cream but the little critters still had me for lunch. Apart from that, I’ve been just looking an hour before dusk to see if different marks are showing signs of fish activity, Store bay and Fort Milford. I also feel a little nervous on my own at night for obvious reasons.

Martin

ps
I will be around on the dates you quote so it would be good to link up at some stage.
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Hi Martin,

If you feel uneasy at nights try the mornings. THe only people you might bump into are friendly locals going for a swim.
I fished hell of a lot alone with no trouble coming my way but I understand that things happened since then. Also, daytime fishing can be productive. Give it a go at Sandy Point, I'm sure you should be fine.
If you're staying in the Bucco area you can fish in the bay from the concrete at nights. Target the spot around the moored boats.That place is well lit and fishing can be awesome.

Robert
Martin Smirthwaite
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Hi again
Tried Sandy Point this evening, and chatted to a couple of locals, they said the tide was too low but fished from 4.45 till dark at about 6.15pm. No luck, but hey thats why they call it fishing. I am now staying down at Crown Point, so I may try the flats on the other side of the airport at the top end of Store Bay Road. Will let you now how it goes

Martin
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for that. I look forward to reading some exciting stuff.

22 days to go.

Robert
Martin Smirthwaite
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Hi Robert
Just arrived back in Tobago, been island hopping with my partner, she flys back to the UK this afternoon. Have you arrived on the island yet? Unfortunately no fish caught before I left due the the huge waves and low tides early am and late pm. If you want to go fishing please send me a pm
Martin
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Hi Martin,

If all goes fine we're gonna be touching down around 2PM tomorrow. I'll get in contact as soon as we settle down.

See you soon then.

Robert
Martin Smirthwaite
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Hi Robert
have you settled down yet its been a week, because you havent contacted me, hope your not sick. Im off to St. Kitts next week so let me no if your free to meet up.
Take care
Martin
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Hi Martin,

As far as I remember I did get in contact with you through skype but you were busy so we couldn't fix a date. AS I'm here with my partner I don't always have time to spend in front of the computer. Tonight we're going to be at Sandy Point ( around 6 pm) please join us if you don't have any other plans.

regards

Robert
Martin Smirthwaite
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Hi Robert
thanks for the reply be good to meet you later
Regards
Martin

Return to “Recreational Fishing”