Inshore fishing in August

Questions and comment on sport fishing on Tobago
Ali
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Inshore fishing in August

Post by Ali »

Hi all :)

I'll be in Tobago for the 1st week in August and was wondering what tips you guys have regarding inshore fishing. Me and my buddies fished in Tobago a couple times before but were hardly ever successful. I don't if our technique is wrong or the location, or if it's us that have "blight" :lol:
We normally fish using shrimp, herring or squid as bait. Would these work? Also how is the luck using lures for inshore fishing?

Ali
Steve Pitts
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Inshore fishing in August

Post by Steve Pitts »

Hi Ali

Are you talking about fishing from a boat or from the shore?

As a general rule I would expect snapper, parrotfish and grouper on shrimp and fish baits, so good if you want to eat your catch.

I mostly fish with lures and over the years we have caught -
Jacks (crevalle and horse-eye), snook, tarpon, bonefish, bonito, ladyfish, snapper, grouper, mahi-mahi, barracuda, yellowfin, scierra mackerel, houndfish, kingfish and flounder.

Hope this helps and hope you have better luck in August

Steve
Take only photos - leave only footprints. I like that concept.
Ali
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Re: Inshore fishing in August

Post by Ali »

Hi Steve,

From the shore we'll be fishing. And yes my intention is to eat what I catch. What kind of fish I can expect to catch by fishing from the shore? What areas would you recommend? ....preferably in the south western half of Tobago :) as most of the fishing will be done early in the morning and maybe at night...so not too far.

leaving in 2 days so hoping for a response by then.

Return to “Recreational Fishing”