Fishing Parlatuvier Area

Questions and comment on sport fishing on Tobago
Ralph

Fishing Parlatuvier Area

Post by Ralph »

I have just returned from 2 weeks staying in Parlatuvier and thought I would offer some feedback on the fishing in the area.
I caught several jacks from the beach in Parlatuvier - biggest about 3lb and half a dozen lizard fish on the first morning, just after sun up. While I was fishing I got talking to one of the locals and went out fishing with him 5 times during my stay.
Fished off St Giles and caught Bonito, Albacore, Crevalle Jacks and 1 King Fish all of which fought excellently on a spinning rod and 30lb braid, especially the Bonito and King fish. On the first trip out I must have caught 30+ Albcore and Crevalle and I was hooked !!!!
Most of the fish were caught on free lined livebait, though the king fish was taken on a trolled rapella, as the water conditions were slightly cloudy and not ideal for lure fishing due to the large amounts of rain in Venezuela increasing the effect of the outflow from the Orinoco river.
Anyone interested in going out with him should ask around for Doo, he lives behind the beach in the second house on the right of the jetty.
I managed one afternoon out with Kester Herbet, , my last afternoon on Tobago, but there was no sign of any Bone fish or Tarpon and I only managed 1 very small Jack and a Lady fish in 5 hrs of fishing, but thats the way it goes. Just a bit disappointing after all the action off Parlatuvier / St Giles.
If any one wants any more details please feel free to ask - the forum provided me with plenty of reading and much information before I went.
I now know that the better end of the island for fishing is the Crown point end but the scenery seemed much better and at the other end and the people much friendlier.
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Fishing Parlatuvier Area

Post by Robert T »

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your report. I'll be out in a few weeks so it is really nice to read anything about the scene. Great first morning.

Thanks

Robert

Return to “Recreational Fishing”