Fishing in April

Questions and comment on sport fishing on Tobago
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Fishing in April

Post by Robert T »

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has done any fishing in April before?

Robert
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Fishing in April

Post by Hugh S »

April is prime fishing time in Tobago. I have taken the liberty to attach a chart from Hard Play Fishing.

http://hardplay.net/seasonal.htm

Hugh 8)
Tobago Fishing Chart
Tobago Fishing Chart
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the chart. I've fished in January, February, March and October before, October being the top one so far.
I'll be out in April 2011 once again and hoping to have some good fishing.

Robert
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

According to the chart you were most likely to have been catching tarpon, bonefish and snook in October. And wahoo!
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

This chart is kinda reliable though I proved it wrong a few times. Funnily enough I didn't catch any of those fish you line up. Bonefish and tarpon were plentiful. I had only one week to fish myself silly and the time wasn't enought to get to every species I really wanted. I played one nice bone though. As for the tarpon no matter what I tried to get a hook up it didn't work out. Sandy Point produced one monster snook which I lost after a series of jumps.

I caught lottsa jacks , cudas, snappers, groupers, ladyfish, and a 90 cm long bull shark. The shark turned out to be the biggest fish of the trip. I'm sure I could've had some tarpon and bones on my list if I had been lucky enough to stay a week longer. Be back for them in April.
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

A couple of times I drove up to Castara to meet a fisherman named Bad Dog. He put me on some huge tarpon using live jacks. Not sure if he is still available but his number was 768-8871. What a blast on 8 or 10 pound test!

Hugh 8)
Robert T
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Robert T »

I figured that live sprats could have been enticing so I drove down to P Point to get some from the local fishermen but as I didnt have the stuff to keep them alive they'd all died on me by the time I got back to Sandy Point. Next time I'll surely have my aerator a bait bucket with me.

Return to “Recreational Fishing”