Fishing 1st two-weeks in march 2012.

Questions and comment on sport fishing on Tobago
Tim Stones
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Fishing 1st two-weeks in march 2012.

Post by Tim Stones »

Hi to all forum members,
off once again to sunny tobago for a couple of weeks fishing and relaxation.
I was lucky enough to have a weeks boys holiday in november,six of us stayed at the coco-reef,we managed four days boat fishing with Richie(Fox)Ash and Kester Herbert, a fantastic time was had by all.During our stay we landed a total of Two Tarpon,three Barrucuda,six Tuna,a Blue Runner(stunning looking fish and great eating)plus loads of MAHI-MAHI which were very much appreciated by the hotel staff.
We did not hire a car during our stay so shore fishing was mainly at the back of the airport and Sandy point,first light was by far the best time with a total catch of 15 jacks,8 snook,6 ladyfish and many lost big fish.
Anyway back to this coming March, I will be staying at the coco-reef hotel for a couple of weeks and should anyone be out there at the same time ,I would only be to pleased to share the cost of some boat fishing and company on some early morning and evening shore trips
Tight-lines
TIM STONES.
Steve Pitts
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Fishing 1st two-weeks in march 2012.

Post by Steve Pitts »

Hi Tim

We won't be over in March but I do know of a few people who are planning trips at around that time and they are anglers, so I'll get them to look at this thread if they are over at the same time as you

Hope you get a repeat of your last trip ...... Or better
Cheers
Steve
Take only photos - leave only footprints. I like that concept.
Tim Stones
myTobago Groupie
myTobago Groupie

Re: Fishing 1st two-weeks in march 2012.

Post by Tim Stones »

[quote="Steve Pitts"]Hi Tim

We won't be over in March but I do know of a few people who are planning trips at around that time and they are anglers, so I'll get them to look at this thread if they are over at the same time as you

Hope you get a repeat of your last trip ...... Or better
Cheers
Steve.

Hi Steve,many thanks for your reply,and also for the help in trying to find some fishing company for me on my
forth coming trip to Tobago.The great thing in belonging to a forum such as (My Tobago) is not only the
massive amount of information available ,but also being able to meet fellow anglers whilst on holiday,im sure
you will agree its nice to have someone to exchange ideas and expeirences with.
Please execpt my opoligise for not posting a full report on my last trip,but things have been manic since i got
back.Not only did we have a great weeks fishing,but also managed to nearly drink the island dry of pina-colada
and carribs!
Most of our fishing on the boats(Kester 0018684747649) and Richard 0018687104603,was with slow trawled
live baits,absolutly deadly for the mahi-mahi,once you had them around the boat,great sport on our bass rods.
As for the shore fishing we did manage about six sessions all beit with sore heads,and overall had some
cracking fish,the most productive lure by far was a yellow(Maria-Chase) purchased,and reccomnded from
Veal,s in Bristol it out fished every thing and was even taken by a huge Tarpon,but unfortunatly lost after a
couple of huge leaps.
The only bit of advise i can offer to fellow forumers with my meger amount of knowledge on shore and lure fishing is not to be obsessed with trying to cast to far,all of the 7 Snook i caught,were within twenty metres of the
shore!!.
Many thanks once again steve for your help and advice,

Tight-Lines
Tim Stones.

Return to “Recreational Fishing”